Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hello everyone!
A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks, so i will not be writing about all of it. But I will try get as much down as I can while Im still feeling motivated.

Two weeks ago we took a road trip to the eastern side of Iceland to a small town called Egilsta∂ur. I saw some the greatest beauty of my life on the trip there. We stopped at the Glacier Lagoon both ways. The glaciers are always moving, so it always looks different and more beautiful. The Sea shore was breath taking there. The enormous, vividly blue waves crash into huge blocks of ice on the shore.
We stopped for lunch at a tiny town called Vik. The people in the coastal towns keep very much to themselves. They are not as used to speaking english as the people in Reykjavik, and when you ask them questions there answers are very brief and soft spoken. Icelanders are such beautiful and tender people.
The weather was pretty extreme for most of the car ride. The wind was so strong that our van often got blown to the other side of the icy street. We only got stuck in the snow once though, when we tried to go over a mountain, rather then around it. The van would not go any further once the snow got a few feet high, and we had to get out and push it out of the snow banks when we tried to turn around. Thorgills is an insane driver.

Egilsta∂ur was one of the most peaceful places i have been. The speaker spoke of the Father Heart of God. The Father has been getting to the roots of old hurts and insecurities in my life. It is very much a time of tearing out the old and building the new and real in my heart. It is a painful process, but Jesus has shown me that this is what the transformation of my mind looks like. I was glad to spend the thick of it in such a beautiful and quiet place. Egilsta∂ur was all the winter beauty and peace I need. I think I will live there when Im old and retired. I could have sat at the window with my coffee forever, looking out at the snow and mountains.

We got invited over for tea by the family who runs the guest house we stayed in. It was so nice to just sit in a home with tea and cakes and good conversation. The husbands name is Unnar, and his dream is for Egilsta∂ur to become a place where christians can come and be re energized and clear their heads. To find there direction again and go out from a place of strength. I think his dream is realized.

Coming back home was a bit overwhelming. Living in a cafe is a bit like having strangers in your house, constantly. I love it here, but it can get exhausting. I have gotten back into the rythm of things here the past week.

This past week the biggest high light was getting to witness some friends of mine record their first EP with their band called Mukkalo. Many of you will be getting their EP for Christmas. They are opening for Bombay Bicycle Club in London next month, so you should go if you happen to be in London.

Thank you all again for all of your prayers. Something to pray for is that my, and many of us students finances will find their way to the YWAM bank account. I sent a bank tranfer, but the banks here are so messed up that we are having trouble finding it. But God has provided this far, and I dont believe He will be thrown off by problems with the bank.

I love and miss you all!

Bless

2 comments:

  1. I hope you received the information I sent from our bank concerning your funds, and I hope that the paperwork I sent is of some help. We are praying for that situation, and also for your spiritual and physical health and growth. We also don't forget to pray for Smurfy, the friend you mentioned in an earlier post. We love you and miss you sooooo much! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely amazing from your description -wish I could have seen what you did. Wow. Thorgills needs to go on that ice driver show! Sounds like things are going well. Glad to hear that. The Father heart of God was a pivotal teaching for me. It took me years to really get it too. Once that foundation was laid though, it's awesome! May He continue to dig deep and lay a good solid foundation on which He'll build whatever He wants!! We'll be lifting you up this Wednesday! Take care bud! Guy

    ReplyDelete